Monday, April 30, 2012

No longer a 1L

Well, I made it through my first year of law school. I walked out of my last exam and saw a sign that said "congratulations 1Ls." I wasn't sure if I was going to cry or shout for joy. I can't believe it is over already. It seems like it just started, yet so much has happened since then. Coming out of the first year, I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I'm certain it was the Lord. They tell us coming into the first year that it is the most difficult year of law school and that you won't talk to your friends and rarely your family. They told us that it would be the hardest year of our lives and thus far I believe them. I'm sure i've never studied harder, ever! All in all, I know that I have gained so many new friends, a new appreciation for and dependence on Christ, and a whole new way of thinking and analyzing. Now that I've survived a year of law school, I don't think the same way as before. If not for the analytical frame of mind, law terms and theories are triggered in my mind frequently. I'm so thankful for my community and all that I've learned. It goes to show that pain is gain and sometimes you have to push a little harder to really see what you're capable of- usually it is more than you imagine! Now, I get to relax for a bit, have a cup of coffee, and finally enjoy the tv (without the pressure of looming work)!

No comments:

Post a Comment