Monday, July 16, 2012

It's the small things that matter most:

This weekend I had the opportunity to meet a new friend. One of my friends from Regent has a brother who was just assigned to an Army unit here in the Arlington area. It was so much fun to roam around DC and Georgetown with a friend! It's hard getting to know people here, no matter how outgoing you are. I think it's easier to feel completely alone in big city like DC than in a smaller town. Not everyone is super friendly. I have been shoved on the metro and yelled at for not moving fast enough, and no one ever looks me in the eye, which is one of the most frustrating things about being here. In contrast, it was encouraging to be around a christian brother; I hope that he was encouraged as well.  We found all of the amazing foreign Embassies here in DC and drove around the National Cathedral, Georgetown, and Potomac. It's amazing to see how beautiful and big the buildings are, even the homes! More than getting to wander DC, it's encouraging to know that I am a part of God's family. I had never met this friend before; actually, his sister connected us only the day before, but we immediately had things to talk about simply because we are both believers and a part of God's kingdom. Once again, the Lord has shown me that He has not forgotten me but has brought a friend to enjoy the time with, even if only for a season.


I talked to my dad tonight and they are safely in Costa Rica. They officially started their first language class today!

No comments:

Post a Comment