Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trying to Leave a Legacy

Hello All!

I hope this post finds you well. So much has happened. It has been some time since my last post and I apologize for the gap. Things have escalated quickly. When you start signing up for extracurricular's in law school, you can't exactly guess how much time you are going to have to dedicate to each enterprise. My personal pledge of time is usually quite significant as I get really into whatever I am doing and tend to zone everything else out. Well, in law school, that's not really an option as I still have to stay diligent with my classes. It's a constant balancing act, but with practice, it makes every day busy and interesting, and, at the end, that's all you can really ask for. To be challenged, as frequently as possible. I wanted to post a story about an issue that I have blogged about in the past, that of NCAA athletes being paid for their competition.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8895337/judge-rules-ncaa-athletes-legally-pursue-television-money

(link courtesy of ESPN). A judge has dismissed a motion by the NCAA to prevent college athletes from trying to pursue a share of television contracts. This isn't yet the knockout blow in the case against the NCAA, but it is a small victory for those players who maintain that they should be compensated for their competition. The case is a very big deal considering how much money (especially television contracts) is tied up in these conferences and NCAA championships. The case has been scheduled for argument on June 20.

In other news, I am now in my final semester of law school and am preparing to take the Bar exam. There will be many more posts concerning this upcoming test. I don't think I can compose all my thoughts as of right now. So much more to come!

All the best,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment