Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hope Springs from New Job with the Center for Global Justice

Today, I am feeling much more at peace about beginning this semester; last week, not so much. Coming back is always hard, but then Philippians and Hebrews reminded me that I must persevere! This will be an incredibly rewarding semester for me. One of the reasons I chose to come to Regent Law was the Center for Global Justice, Human Rights and the Rule of Law. This wonderful organization at the Law School works to promote justice through partnership collaboration, awareness building, and equipping law students and professions to advocate for the “least of these.” I have volunteered on the Student Volunteer Team for the past year researching potential partner organizations and researching Teen Courts around the nation, for the prospect of starting one here in the Virginia Beach area. Now, I am excited to have the opportunity to work for the Center as a Graduate Assistant. This is very exciting, because it means I will get to be more intimate with the Center’s partners, events, and procedures. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from this wonderful team! They really seem to understand the power of God in advocating and promoting justice for those who cannot speak for themselves. The Center works in several areas: the legal protection of children (my favorite!), human trafficking, corrupt government issues, the rule of law development, and religious freedom. One of the reasons for the peace that will come with this job is knowing that I am doing something I really enjoy. Law school is not always enjoyable, but this is an opportunity to do something tangible that I am passionate about and hope will become a career, regardless of how that looks in regard to the legal profession!

No comments:

Post a Comment