Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tis the Season

This week begins finals weeks for us! Monday, I had my first exam in Constitutional Law 1. It was difficult and took every bit of attention I had at 9am on a monday morning, during a three hour exam. By God's grace, I am 1 exam down. That is reason to rejoice in itself. I really enjoyed Con Law this semester. We learned so much more than the Constitution; we get to learn about history and how our Constitution was developed based on the common law in England and the English King and Parliament system, as well as what the Framers of our Constitution had in mind. Learning about the Founders' ideas of federalism, separation of powers, and the roles each branch would have puts today's political atmosphere in perspective. The Framers would have no idea how huge the government has become or how much discretion judges would have in deciding "cases and controversies." I've really learned a lot in this class and I'm excited for Con Law 2, but mostly I'm glad it's over! Now, I have a research article due on friday and three exams next week. I'm remembering how I felt last year: long days, much exhaustion, lots of notecards and tired hands! All in all, I'm excited for how much I'm learning, how my memory is expanding, and how the Lord is coming through for me. It has also given me a chance to have some serious relationship building time, while preparing and "sharing in the suffering" with my colleagues and roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment