Thursday, August 30, 2012

2L year

Last week, I came home from D.C. and moved into my new apartment with a two friends from church. I am happy to admit I am starting this school year much more enthusiastic than I was at the end of last year. The Lord has really rejuvenated my heart this summer through my work with CCAI. My newly found knowledge about adoption and foster care issues has propelled me toward advocacy and the study of these issues, as well as child welfare as a whole. I am starting this year aiming to work with all of my heart towards child welfare issues, so that whatever papers I have to write or projects I'm assigned they will be devoted towards my understanding and comprehension of child welfare! I am so excited that God is showing me how all of my classes pertain to child welfare. This semester, I am taking Immigration Law (necessary for children born in the U.S. to immigrants who are sometimes deported, leaving their children in U.S. foster care, or citizenship issues regarding intercountry adoptions), International Development and the Rule of Law (I will be writing a paper on the rule of law in Guatemala or Ethiopia regarding family and adoption laws), Family Law (discussing topics like Family break down and how that influences our laws),  a Child Advocacy Practicum (I will work on a particular project with juveniles in the justice system), Constitutional Law 1, and Evidence. This year should bring new awareness about child welfare issues in the U.S. and around the world and will be a great motivation for me to continue toward the call God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment